Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Brief (or perhaps not) Introduction

Long have I admired the masterful prose of Mr. Orson Swindle at EDSBS, T. Kyle King at Dawg Sports, SMQ, and The Wiz.  I was struck, from the very beginning, by the blend of humor, insight, analysis, and general fucking awesome that these, and many other, bloggers (saints, all) provided.  I cried "Eureka!" as my pic struck college football gold; at last I found a true vein of information, not the sterile and cookie-cutter sound-bytes and reports that grace mainstream newspapers.  These men have inspired me to pen my own blog, although I know I can never reach their lofty heights (Verne Lundquist mentioned EDSBS on air, Verne Lundquist!) I'll be damned if'n I don't try.

Before I continue, why not hear a little bit about me and my credentials.  I was borne and raised a Tennessee Vols fan and grew into an unabashed SEC homer.  Recently, however, I've matriculated into the University of Connecticut, and I'm bringing my allegiances with me.  

As UConn is renowned as a basketball school, there is no shortage of UConn basketball blogs.  And given my ardent, devoted, and fatally overzealous love of college football I was appalled by the paucity of UConn football blogs.  Absolutely and utterly appalled, sirs.  The Huskies are grossly under-represented in the college football blogosphere, which is entirely understandable given the team's total lack of tradition (fuck you we have Dan Orlovsky) and exposure.  Put simply, Connecticut does not inspire nostalgia or blood flow to the penis quite like a Florida,  a Penn State, or an Oklahoma.  This blog aims to change all of that (well...not the penis part, they have meds for that shit now-a-days).  From this moment on this blog is 100% committed to UConn Huskies football and nothing but UConn Huskies football.  Rejoice Husky fans!  You're home.  The soup is hot and the coffee fresh, won't you come on in and join me?


Realistically, I'll update this blog as often as possible.  As to whether or not these proposed updates will be in any way relevant or interesting remains to be seen.  After all, its the middle of March, we're in the middle of winter as far as CFB is concerned.  Really all I have to blog on is the impending (or is it pending?) 10 game home-"home" series with Notre Dame.  More on that and my violent hatred for the Irish to come.


-Dougo

No comments: